Sound and Vision Conglomerate
Dan Hayhurst: Audible
Reuben Sutherland: Visible
- free ticket to Seftel LP Launch (I'm playing) from @LoRecordings here lorecordings.tumblr.com/post/509019358… Friday 24 May 1 day ago
- RT @micro_research: Latest substrat radio. Pre-pigeon homing with Derek Holzer: soundcloud.com/rebootfm/2013-… 1 week ago
- RT @bunnyhausen: insouciant gallic bedroom synth-punk.pisses on almost every sub numanoid'minimal synth'rarity the uk produced http://t.co… 1 week ago
- Deference to author, some fantastic entropy 1 week ago
- sighting 25.media.tumblr.com/08e2f04e4d390c… 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: equipment
LED strobe by toucylab
Made a LED flasher for animation using turntable.
Record is “Sculpture – TOAD BLINKER”
Time interval from turning LED on and off is about 0.04s(40ms) using PIC micro controller 16F690.
Shoot this video with Apple Iphone 4s.
We use a video camera shooting 25 frames per second at a high shutter speed to make animations using illustrated picture discs, exploiting the same mathematical quirk as a phenakistoscope. We had a go at improvising a simple device to view the animations without a video camera…you’ll need some black cardboard, a sharp knife, a yoghurt pot, a record player and a bright light.
(here’s one we made earlier…)
The design could be ‘finessed’… e.g. we found we could watch the animation happen directly on the surface of the record (rather than by peering through the slots in the cardboard) by pointing the light through the slots at certain angles, suggesting a device incorporating a mirror and a carefully positioned light source could be very effective.
aquired 30 reel to reel tapes, brand Raphone, mostly organ recordings, some big band, recorded early 70s. testing recently obtained Uher 4200 Report Monitor tape recorder (Akai 4000D now kaput). works beautifully.
scored also Tascam TSR 8 1/2″ 8 track. been a good week for tape recorders.
‘you are like a Victorian scientist, you like machines more than people…’